Saturday, March 20, 2010

Masked Marilyn Monroe meets Tristan

Joseph Campbell in 1987:
In the Tristan romance, when the young couple has drunk their love potion and Isolde's nurse realizes what has happened, she goes to Tristan and says, "You have drunk your death." And Tristan says, "By my death, do you mean this pain of love?" -- because that was one of the main points, that one should feel the sickness of love. There's no possible fulfillment in this world of that identity one is experiencing. Tristan says, "If by my death, you mean this agony of love, that is my life. If by my death, you mean the punishment that we are to suffer if discovered, I accept that. And if by my death, you mean eternal punishment in the fires of hell, I accept that, too." Now, that's big stuff.

What he was saying is that his love is bigger even than death and pain, than anything. This is the affirmation of the pain of life in a big way.



Now, Tristan was a fictional character, a fantasy constructed by the Troubadours around the Year 1180. Tristan set the ideals of Love. But they seem to aim so high, no real human would ever be that serious, would they? Would you really accept someone and Love Them no matter what?

I found a more modern quote that expresses to me the same Ideals. Tristan was a warrior Independent Male... Interesting, this second viewpoint is from a warrior Independent Female...

Marilyn Monroe:

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.



It takes Two Brave and Fearless people who Independently Consent to come together. Marilyn Monroe was a Mask Stage Name for an Actress, do you think it was an Actress reading her lines? or the True Norma Jean who was speaking?

I truly speak, don't let my lack of Mask scare you off, I am not acting like almost Everyone Else. I know it can seem shocking if you are used to only Actors. I am Not Afraid of The Universe, to Live Like a Candle In the Wind! I am seeking that One Perfect Lady to Cling To but Not Hold Too Tight. Fear will not drive My Life, Fear will not drive Her Life. Love will Drive Us into Unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment